JOINING RELATED FAQS
You should immediately apply for Indian student visa, for complete details, please refer the VISA/ FRRO related FAQs
The session would be starting from 3rd week of July and we suggest that you should report as per the reporting schedule or 2 – 3 days in advance. It is strongly suggested that you should not report before your reporting schedule, in case you land too earlier than the reporting schedule, you would not be able to complete your joining process, as you would also need to complete your FRRO registration within 14 days of your arrival in India.
Utkal University welcomes you as a new member of Utkal University family and wishes that you should get the complete information about your University, its education system, examination system, policies, disciplines etc. right at the time of your joining. We strongly recommend that you should definitely attend the induction programme.
At Utkal University, most of the students prefer to stay inside university campus and they book their rooms much earlier, therefore, we suggest that you should book your hostel/ Apartment in advance at the time of getting your Acceptance Letter. You should book room as per your preference at the earliest as we do not want that due to any delay you miss the room of your choice.
For complete details regarding rooms category, fee structure, Meal plan and laundry facility, please visit to the page International Residential facility
Why should I Stay in Campus and what facilities will be providing to me inside campus hostels/ Apartments?I want to take private accommodation and not in the university accommodation. What is your advice on this?
Utkal University has the largest students’ accommodation inside the campus.
· It has well furnished rooms with 24 hours’ power supply.
· Staying within the campus will save your time as well as daily transportation cost.
· You will have more time to interact with your classmates in case any query regarding your studies.
· Staying within the campus is secure as 24 hours’ security and medical facility available here.
· For more reason on why you should choose on campus accommodation, Click Here
purchase most of the products on the campus itself
You need to bring: -
· Valid Passport (Minimum Validity should be at-least for the full duration of the program)
· Letter of admission issued by the University (Should carry this in the hand luggage as will be required at the airport for the immigration purpose).
· Should carry the Yellow Fever Injection Card and Polio Drop Certification if you are travelling from Africa. (Should carry this in the hand luggage as will be required at the airport for the immigration purpose).
· Make sure that you carry the originals, copies of your certificates/degrees and 10 passport size photographs.
· Ensure that you obtain visa from Indian Embassy/ High Commission stamped on the name of Lovely Professional University.
· Residence proof issued by the government which clearly defines your address in English. In case the same is not available then please get the attested residential proof in English.
· International Medical Insurance (valid in India) for the complete duration of the program, also assures that you are medically fit to pursue the course before you leave your country.
· Ensure that your fee has been received by the University and you should carry the fee receipt and the proof of transfer.
You should have following handy:
· Offer Letter and Acceptance Letter issued by the university
- Yellow Fewer card (If travelling from Africa)
- Polio Drop certificate (If travelling from Africa)
There are oneairports available around Utkal University and many of the international flights are available to New Delhi from most of the origin countries.
From New Delhi: - It is very convenient to travel from New Delhi to Bhubaneswar City and Utkal University campus. There are number of Bus services that fly from Bhubaneswar airport itself to Campus. Most of the buses also stop just in front of the University campus gates if driver is told in advance.
From Hyderabad / Kolkata: - Alternatively, student can take a connecting flight from New Delhi airport /Hyderabad / Kolkata to Bhubaneswar airport as well. There are many public and private transport options are available from these airports.
Temperature in Bhubaneswar ranges between 35 – 45 degree Celsius during summers and 15 – 20 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woollen, warm clothes etc.) must be brought accordingly.University has a full-fledged shopping mall in the near university campus itself and you can purchase most of the products on the campus itself
Yes, there is a complimentary pick up facility during only the first time of travel and this is available on the selected days and time.
Yes, it is strongly advisable to get your medical insurance for the complete duration of the program.
In India the currency being used is Indian National Rupee (INR). You can carry all your money in form of Travellers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks. Money Exchange is also available in the campus. If you want to bring some cash, then please bring in the USD or Euros as these are acceptable currencies.
You can purchase the Indian Mobile sim right at the University campus at the time of your reporting at the University. There are several helpdesks available to guide students on their requirements.
In case you have not yet submitted your complete Tuition and Accommodation fee, kindly submit it before reporting at the university and send us the payment transfer proof so that all the submitted fee should be updated on time. You should also carry the payment transfer proofs along with you. You will not be allowed to start your classes until the complete semester Tuition fee and annual fee for accommodation is paid.
I have been awarded scholarship on my Offer and Acceptance Letters but it is not updated in my fee account as full fee is showing. Have I not got any scholarship or when will I get it? How much fee should I pay now?
We congratulate you on getting the scholarship. The scholarship is updated in the system once you complete your documents verification process at the time of your reporting at the university and it will be applicable on tuition fee (per semester) for standard duration of the programme.
You should pay your fee as mentioned in your Offer and Acceptance Letter, for the following fee components: -
- Tuition fee after scholarship (per semester)
· Admission Processing Fee (One Time Payable and Non-refundable)
- Examination Fee
- Residential Facility Fee (if opted)
Yes, there are about 5 ATMs within in the university campus and almost all of them accept the VISA, MasterCard and Maestro powered cards. Though there are regulation to withdraw amount up to certain limit only on daily basis.
Yes, it is advisable that before you are out of the airport you should get some money exchanged at the airport to Indian currency. Not every shop in India or taxi service will accept credit/debit cards thus you should have some India currency on you as you leave the airport.
Yes, Utkal University strongly advises that all the payment should be made online. For the complete information visit the page How to Pay
Except for the few programs like in Hotel management, Airlines and few other selected programs there are no uniforms. Yes, it is expected that all student should wear the decent clothes while you are in the university campus.